Tuesday, July 1, 2008

One More Day!

Well, we have just about everything we need checked and double checked...we spent today tidying up all the last minute boat issues, another trip to West Marine, another trip to Walmart...Charting, checking GPS chips, fixing a small leak (ah yes, boat and leak should not be in the same sentence), getting our Verizon service to include Canada, going to the laundromat, taking the rental car back, finishing month end reports, solving a few closing challenges, picking up the upstairs canvas from the canvas repair place then re-installing it, finding a place for all our books, reorganizing the drawers and cupboards, reorganizing all the extra rolls of paper towels, water bottles, Cds, movies, hats...yes, hats! Chip must have 2 dozen ball caps on this boat! etc, etc...then calling ahead for our next marina reservations. Voila! One more day and we will be on our way!

Winter Harbor, here in Brewerton has been wonderful. (Their # if you are interested is: 315-676-9276). Great bunch of people. I wish it wasn't so far from home...it would be nice to cruise back...who knows, maybe someday we will. Tomorrow we are off to Oswego. A few miles up the road we turn right up the Oswego canal rather than left on the Seneca canal. Amazingly, from here you can actually travel by boat down the finger lakes via the canals and locks to Watkins Glen and Ithaca. I don't know how people could live in this part of the world without a boat! Imagine cruising from NYC to Quebec City! I have been tempting Chip with the idea of heading to Quebec City for their 400 year anniversary celebration. We have been there before. Twice. It is one of our most favorite cities. It would add at least another 2 weeks onto our trip, and I know Chip is looking forward to the peace and quiet of Georgian Bay--but, don't put anything past us...

Thank you again to Winter Harbor Marina!

4 comments:

Ted & Brenda said...

Great to see you are begining the second leg of this adventure. We are anxious to follow along on your trip.

PS your mailbox is about to overfill. Is there something we can do about?

Ted & Brenda

Captain Chip's best mate, Michele. said...

Hmmmm...mail was supposed to be forwarded to our assistant. I will let her know. Thanks for the heads up, but most of all, thanks for "coming along" on this adventure with us!
Next time, your turn!

:-) Chip and me

Cindy said...

Hi Chip & Michele,
Surprise from Austin. I enjoy reading your blog and following along. Have a fun and safe trip. Call me and I will give you an update on Eric. Love, Cindy

Captain Chip's best mate, Michele. said...

Hey Cindy! It was GREAT talking to you tonight (7.26.08). I had to go back through the blog to find your comment so that I could send you a response! I don't know how I missed it! Sorry! Anyway, you sound wonderful. I love you and miss you VERY much. I cannot believe Taylor is a senior! Where have the years gone? My goodness.

Thank you for following the blog...I love you! Michele xxoo