Saturday, December 19, 2009

What a Feeling!



If you know me, then you know...I don't hide my emotions very well...happiness wells up inside of me like bubbles in a champagne flute! Today is no exception...I am bursting! I'm high on sunshine and as giddy as a child on Christmas morning! I've been smiling all day! We weren't but 4 miles from the Florida 'border' when out of nowhere a momma dolphin and her baby leaped beside the boat (click on pix)...A welcome home straight from heaven!






I went outside to snap a few pictures and was thinking to myself:
'Is it me, or does everything all of a sudden just look prettier'? --Look, I know it's been raining and grey, but honestly, it really did feel as though we crawled through the looking glass when we cruised over the state line. I stepped back into the cabin and Chip turned to me and said, "Is it just me, or does everything just look prettier?"





Ahhhh...15 states...over 6000+ miles...and the white sands of Florida, the dolphins jumping, the sunshine streaming into the cabin...our home state welcomed us back with a wonderful warm embrace...it's good to be on our way home. What a feeling!

* Don't forget to check out our latest video clips and additional photographs set to music on YOUTUBE!

1 comment:

Rusty said...

Dec. 21, 2009

Chip and Michele:

Betty and I are friends of Mike and Joan Pepe. Mike told me about your blog. We live in Naples and we hope to do what you have done, travel the Great Loop.

I have read your Loop Blog from end to end. It would be great if we could get together to ask questions and hear more about your three-year odyseey.

Happy holidays,

Rusty and Betty Hughes
mnhughes@yahoo.com
239 775-4814