Monday, May 14, 2007

Messages from Spirit

Each Sunday at church we select, what I like to call "fortune cookies from God", typed messages on small pieces of folded, colored paper from a basket; affirmations for the week. Yesterday, Chip and I received the following messages...Chip's: "God's love illumines my way and new avenues are opening up to me." Mine read, "Relaxation is not inaction. It is perfect poise in Spirit that enables one to crest the waves of life composed, serene, joyous and unafraid."

We were supposed to leave Naples this morning to begin the first day of our trip. Instead, we are docked at The Olde Naples Seaport, awaiting the foul weather in the upper keys to pass. The first day's journey is 94 miles...approximately 10-11 hours with no other possible stops in between. My captain is a cautious man.

Lesson one, learned last week: Accept change.
Lesson two...Patience.

No comments: