Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Less than a week!

"Six more sleeps" as Gil would say, and we'll be leaving our dock...The first of probably many changes in course occured yesterday when we found out that, due to the lack of rain in the interior of the state, Lake Okeechobee is too low for safe passage. Now, for those of you who know me well, a change in course is not something that is easy for me. I like things scheduled and planned and organized. But, I believe this is the perfect metaphor for discovering Ithaka. God is whispering to me, "Enjoy the journey Michele". I better listen, because this is not a lesson I want to relearn over and over! Chip and I will be spending the first few days of our trip cruising through the keys instead of Clewiston and Moore Haven...it didn't take me long to realize, the 2 or 3 extra days it will take to get to the same point on the east coast of Florida will be spent in much prettier water...plus, no locks! Change will happen along this trip...the variables are endless...I need to just relax and roll with it and enjoy the ride. Lesson learned.

No comments: