Thursday, June 12, 2008

Started packing!

Everywhere in our house there are "looper" piles...in every corner...on the dining room table, in the den on my desk, the bar in the kitchen, in the bedroom on the floor...piles of charts, piles of "what to wear", piles of movies and books, camera, chargers, video camera, tapes, etc ... Lists of what to bring....Lists of things to do...Our plane reservations have now been made and it won't be long before will begin Leg II of "Discovering Ithaka"!

I just got back from Verizon and bought a new phone. They tell me my aircard won't work in Canada~I will be limited to blogging while in Canada only at such marinas and nearby towns where Wifi is available. I was very disappointed at learning this because last year our internet service was pretty good just about everywhere we went. Never did we have to worry about finding a marina with Wifi...it wasn't one of the amenities we looked for simply because the aircard worked fine. Some places had better service and reception than others...and there were times when "talking" to my grandbabies on the webcam looked and sounded like we were in some slow motion movie...This also means our emailing won't be as regular as usual either. Of course, we have Sam, Meagan and Krista handling the business at the office...and with luck, we will be accessible on the cell phone most days. We know they will be able to handle it and I am beginning to think this is the good Lord's way of really giving me a break (as I had some trouble detaching last summer)...I'm sure you all find that difficult to believe!

Looking forward to the fun again this summer on this amazing adventure. Thank you all for your support and prayers. Captain Chip & I are counting our blessings...oh yes, and packing!

No comments: