Friday, June 27, 2008

The Brooklyn Bridge

I arrived in New York on Wednesday night. Chip went on to Syracuse via JetBlue as I taxied off to Joe and Wendy's. Yesterday Wendy, Sofia and I scouted around Brooklyn for items Sofie needs for camp. Dinner out last night at a nice little Italian restaurant in their old neighborhood, then Joe drove us to the Brooklyn Bridge where we ate ice cream cones and watched the sunset over the New York skyline. Today I am trying to learn a new photo hosting system in order to keep better track of all the pictures I'll be taking this summer. It's a bit frustrating because I am on my laptop and without printing capabilities I keep having to go back into the instructions to figure things out rather than just print and refer to directions...add vistas to the mix and you can imagine how glad I am to have a few quiet hours to try to figure this out! Yes, Wendy is at her studio, Joe is working, Sandro is at the beach with friends, Sofia is out with a girlfriend and I am hanging with Luche (their bird, who is literally hanging) on Leonard Street in Brooklyn. I expect to be going to join Chip tomorrow as my dear friend Denise's father passed away yesterday (my prayers are with you 'Neecie) thereby changing our plans of spending a few days together up in Hudson en route to Chip. Originally I was going to take the train up to Hudson, but now I imagine I will just fly to Syracuse to be there sooner to help Chip with the daunting task of getting the boat readied for our journey.


Anyway, here goes...I am now going to attempt to move a photo over to the blog.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: