Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's A Wrap!

For months I have been collecting all the books I want to take with me on this 3rd and final leg of the loop...perhaps one of the things that I look forward to the most whenever Chip and I are away together is the quiet time spent reading a good book. Life is hectic at home...happy, but hectic. I seldom get the luxury of just lounging around with my nose buried into a good book...only 17 more days...
Tonight we wrapped up our packing...Of course, I know I am bringing too much stuff...I bought two big boxes from UPS the other day, but by the time I packed all the books I want to read; and all the DVDs that I've bought to watch, all the art supplies and Cd's packed --and oh yes, CHARTS (yeah, guess that was a good idea: charts...ha ha), there wasn't much room left to fit all the clothes! This is not as bad as it sounds...normally we wear the same 4 or 5 things over and over again...flip flops, baggie shorts, t-shirts, jeans...Ah, my favorite wardrobe. On a boat it is better to be comfortable than fashionable! Last year when we came home I made a list of everything we left on board, so if I don't bring anymore clothes at all, I know we'll be just fine! Less is best! --and, After all, a good book doesn't really care what you're wearing!
We are shipping the boxes up to Michigan to Chip's brother's house because that is where we are starting our trip...From there we rented a car and we'll drive to Chicago to pick up the boat and provision it. My cousins, Art & Sharon, are flying into Chicago a week later to spend a few days with us where we will begin the journey down the river system. We've been to Chicago before and we've taken the Architectural Tour. The thought of actually cruising through downtown Chicago on our own boat is unbelievable! We made reservations tonight online for Gibson's Steakhouse! --and, the Chicago Jazz Festival is happening the weekend we're in town...I just love when a plan comes together!
It's A Wrap!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chip, Michele,
Thought we would leave a quick note to say we'll be thinking of you (enviously of course) as you head off on Pt 3 of your journey. have a great time. Sorry we won't see you in October, but only 116 days till Christmas!
Keith & Natalie