Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The original Big Mac!

My cautious captain left Mackinac Island yesterday morning in spite of the white caps which he viewed from the flybridge with his binoculars looking out towards the straits...we decided, with the prevailing east wind, it wouldn't be so bad after we got out and headed south into Lake Michigan-- and that it was a better travel day than waiting for today. So, here we are in Petoskey...I thought I would post a few pix of the bridge. The Mackinac Bridge is the 12th largest bridge in the world with a span of 3,800 feet. It was opened in 1957.








3 comments:

sha said...

Closer to home and great big hugs!

Captain Chip's best mate, Michele. said...

Hi Sha- I could use a great big sister hug about now...counting the days. I love you so much. Wish you were here. Love, Mush xxoo

sha said...

When will you arrive back in Naples?
Love you back, can't wait to see you.
Sha