Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lucky 7's


We went to a wedding on Saturday...our timing could not have been better. If someone had told us 2 months ago that we would have been pulling into Rondout Creek just in time for Drew and Ronda's wedding we would have doubted their confidence in us, but as luck would have it, we made it! I knew we'd be on time when we got to New York City for the 4th of July fireworks! I'm sure a lot of folks got married on 07-07-07, but we were at the best wedding of all! Drew is my dear friend Denise's son and I have always had a soft spot for him...Andrew is a wonderful young man and he and Ronda make a beautiful couple. They were married at Saint Mark's church in Hudson, it was the young minister's first wedding! I imagine a minister never forgets his first wedding, and this wedding will be unforgettable....the bridesmaids dresses were a lovely shade of orange, the mothers of the bride and groom both wore sage and were given white roses by the respective new children-in-law thanking them for welcoming them into their hearts and their family...at that moment there were few dry eyes in the church. At the reception, when they got up to have their first dance, Ronda came over to me and gave me her bouquet...I was speechless...it is the most beautiful bouquet I've ever seen! She will never know how she endeared herself to me with that sincere and generous gesture. (see photo of flowers on Ithaka's stern).
It was a sweet wedding from start to finish...and although the newlyweds went to Las Vegas for their honeymoon, they will need no luck for a happy life together...they have all the right ingredients for a long and loving marriage. God Bless you Drew and Ronda and thank you for making us such an important part of your special day...and your wedding one of the best experiences of Ithaka's voyage.

No comments: