Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Last Stop...Winter Harbor


We made our way across Lake Oneida on water as smooth as glass...the last voyage for Ithaka in 2007...a much nicer ride than the day we left Naples 12 1/2 weeks ago where we had waves washing up over her bow. We were up before the sun and watched a glorious sunrise as the morning mist gave the horizon a muted tone...no hard edges today. Everything was silky.

The folks here at Winter Harbor in Brewerton New York are wonderful...we've spent the day completing the tasks necessary to get Ithaka ready for her Winter storage...The Summer went by quickly; I can hardly believe we are heading home in just a few days...too many memories to think about at once. When I look through all the photos I feel the need to pinch myself, "did I really do all that, see all those places, meet all those people ?" Once I get sometime to sort through all my emotions I know I will add a few more posts...a few more photos...

We rented a car and once she's out of the water, possibly as early as tomorrow morning, we are heading to Ithaca New York. We couldn't think of a better way to end our adventure but to spend it in another Ithaca...where else would we have gone? ..and so, Ithaka stops here in Winter Harbor, but our journey of "discovering Ithaka" goes on and on...
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." ~Dr. Seuss

No comments: